Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Hike at Conestoga



I took the furkids for a hike at Conestoga Lake today. As a guilt/return favor, Harry came with us. See, I went to the Husker game with him last night (Nebraska college football, if there is anyone out there who doesn't know who the Huskers are). Anyone who knows me knows that going to a Husker game is just about the last thing I would want to do. I belong out here, not in a crowded stadium, deafened by the noise and jostled on all sides.



It was a beautiful day.



Tim had a great time. I bundled him up in his little coat, because he can't really regulate his body temperature any more.



Star taught JoLee how to wade. Even though it was only around 50 degrees, the sun was warm, and they had a great time exploring.





Everything went great until Tim decided to become his Independent Terrier Self and disappear. We all spent the rest of the hike looking for him, while he, no doubt, stood behind a clump of grass and laughed at us.













Harry finally found Tim, near the car. He'd gotten tired and decided to wait for us there. Harry put him in the car and honked the horn so I would know all was well.





A rat snake was also waiting for us by the car, sunning himself in the grass. He was a good four feet long, and although he was torpid, he could still move. As I took these photos of him, his black tongue darted out at me. He was beautiful.







So, all in all, it was a great hike. Lots of beauty, some excitement, some suspense - I suppose, when I think of it, everything you'd expect in a football game. But for me, this was much better.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely! Although I have to say, so does the Husker game. ;-D

    ReplyDelete