Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anticipation vs. Impatience

Okay, I’ve come to the conclusion that I started planning this trip way too early. I now have 23 days left until my departure, and there’s nothing left to do but wait. I haven’t really packed anything, and I really can’t do much serious packing until I have the RV in the driveway. I do have a box in the dining room that I have been tossing things into as I think of them, to be consolidated for travel when the time comes.

This has left me with plenty of time to contemplate the difference between anticipating the trip and being impatient for departure, which took all of two minutes. Anticipation and impatience are the same thing - just ask Webster. In the future, I hereby resolve to plan trips a month or two ahead, tops. (Yeah, right - like I haven’t already planned trips to the Texas coast, the Minnesota Boundary Waters and the East Coast).

Not much has been happening as far as trip preparations go. I have all my final destinations all laid out. I bought "chilly neckerchiefs" and a "chilly pad" for the dogs, to keep them cool while we travel through the desert areas, and for hikes, too - you know, just in case. I’ve tried a couple of the non-refrigerated all-natural Indian entrees I plan to take for dinners. I’ve paid the rental for the RV.

In the meantime, I’ve also caught a head cold. I don’t, however, plan to take that with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment