Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RVing Accessories

While searching the internet for 50 amp adapters today, I came across some very interesting accessories when I entered the words "RV Camper" into the search engine.

For example, it seems there are entire albums of music dedicated to riding the road - two of them, anyway. "RV Songs - Life on the American Road" and "RV Songs: Bluegrass Hits the Road" were both immediately available. One of them (the bluegrass one) even had a three-star rating. I have no idea who rated it, or why they gave it three stars (three stars out of five? Ten?) but I was fascinated. Who knew there was music tailored to the RVing way of life? There are so many things I’m learning day by day.

I was also surprised that my search revealed no less than six different Bibles (most of which were in Spanish). That was a bit unsettling - why on earth would you need to pray so much on the road?

Refraining from buying RVing doodads on the internet for the time being seems like a good idea right now. Since I’m a neophyte, I think one of the local outfits would be the way to go. I can tell them what I think I need and for what purpose. That way I can be sure I’m getting the right thing. And if I play my cards right, they can also tell me about all the other things I may need but don’t yet know about. I figure I can make another list, call Casey and ask if all these things are included with the RV or if I’m going to have further monetary outlays I don’t know about yet.

I've tried to keep from buying all kinds of stuff for the trip, because who knows if I'll need any of it again. The double-sized airbed was a no-brainer, though. The way I see it, if you don't have a decent night's rest, nothing goes right. Yes, the airbed was an absolute necessity, and so were the sheets for the bed - and the waterproof fitted sheet to go over the whole thing. But other than that and the Brita filter water pitcher, I really haven't bought a whole lot specifically for the trip.

The dogs are all ready. Other than some kibble, their canned food is all set aside. And a couple cowpokes for the road (you may call them bully sticks, but we've always called them cowpokes. Get it? It's what a bull uses it for - a cow poke?) The rawhides are all ready, and the vet records, too. Winnie's travel bed is already downstairs, but I'll be sure to bring her memory foam bed and a few others along, too. One can never have too many dog beds. That's my way of thinking.

Tomorrow is one of the big days - it begins the one-month countdown, and the rent for the RV is due! A day for celebration!

3 comments:

  1. I'll never think of them as anything but cowpokes now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am lost on the cowpoke thing. Doesn't help that I don't know what a bully stick is either. I am imagining some things, but not sure that was what you meant. ;) Anyway, I got your bug and am tagging along with my husband this weekend to Moab with the scouts. Miley and I will be staying in a hotel. He will be camping and hiking.) But I am gonna use the time to shop and take pictures in Arches. So I gotta print my list out and get started.

    btw, you never said if the motorhome has hydraulic levelers or not. The drive on stacked kind work well if it doesn't.

    Happy planning,
    ~Tari

    ReplyDelete