Saturday, May 22, 2010

Agonizing. Just Agonizing.

Did you ever wish someone would tell you what to do? Someone would tell you the future?
I really find myself wishing that right now.

Went to Leach Camper to get the shroud for the AC unit on The Rig this morning. We were half an hour too early, so we went over to Ferrell Gas, filled the propane tank and came back. Leach didn’t have the part we needed, but redirected us to Apache, a good half-hour away. They had the part, and we installed it in the high winds we’re experiencing today. So far, not great, but okay. The Rig is now roadworthy.

When we came home, Winnie was acting strange. When she walked, she was picking up one front foot high above the ground, and shortly after that, while we watched, Winnie slowly started sinking towards the ground. I caught her before she collapsed altogether, and carried her into the house. Her head hung down like she was unconscious. By the time I got her to the couch, she seemed to be recovering somewhat. At my suggestion, we left her there on the couch and went to a quilt show just over on Wesleyan’s campus, and when we came back, Winnie seemed almost normal again - but she had one of her “impromptupoop” incidents just a few minutes ago.

I just don’t know what to do now. The Rig is roadworthy, but is Winnie? Was it a stroke, with more to come?

If I leave by 2:00, I can still make it to Ogallala. If I don’t make it to Ogallala today, then all the rest of my reservations are moot.

I just don’t know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment