Thursday, May 20, 2010

Snags and Snarls

Have I mentioned that I don’t do well when things get rescheduled? It’s true. Much as I would love to be one of those free spirits who can easily go with the flow, when I have everything seamlessly scheduled and there is a bump in the road, I don’t take it kindly.

Take tonight, for example.

Winnie was to have her Depo Medrol injections tonight, at 6:15 p.m. I just got a call from the vet’s office, wanting to reschedule. At the sound of the panic in my voice, they were quick to set me up with an appointment first thing tomorrow morning, but I feel so badly for Winnie. Last night on our walk, when she was having troubles with her hind end and her foot was dragging with nearly every step, I hugged her and told her she was a very good and special girl for hanging in there, and I promised her that she would have her injections in time for her next walk. After last night, she wouldn’t need to spend long intervals at the top of the stairs, trying to decide just how badly she needed to go outside. Poor Winnie. One more night.

(But still, she will get her injections before the trip. It's okay.)

And take tomorrow night as another example.

Last week when I talked to Casey, he told me he thought we could meet up around 6:00 tomorrow night so I could pick up the RV. When I called him this afternoon to confirm the time, Casey said that tomorrow night around 7:30 would be better for him. Argh. So much for me being able to get everything all packed up and then sit back and relax and watch a movie with Harry Friday night! I was also hoping Casey would have time to go through all the operating instructions with me in the daylight. It should still be somewhat light, and I’m pretty good at figuring things out, so I'm sure it will be okay, but I really didn't want to be driving the RV home in the dark.

(But still, I'm still getting the RV earlier than was originally scheduled, which was Saturday morning. It's okay.)

I’ll admit to feeling a bit snarly right now, just the same.

It will get better, I’m sure. I just need to adjust.

(Close your eyes, Lisa. Straighten your back, square your shoulders. Take a deep breath ... and another deep breath).

And adjusting is one thing at which I excel!

1 comment: