Friday, May 21, 2010

Just one more teeny glitch...

The phone rings. I pick it up.

“This is Lisa.”

“Yeah, Lisa? This is Casey . . . you know.”

“Oh, yeah, right! Hi, Casey! How are things going?”

“Well, there’s a problem. (pause) But don’t worry, it’s not a big problem.”

“What happened, Casey?”

“Well, when I went to get the RV to have the oil changed and get it all checked out, I noticed that someone stole the cover off the air conditioner on top.”

“Omigod! Who on earth would want to do that??”

(Pause)

“Well, I guess it could have blown off, but I looked around and I couldn’t find it anywhere.”

(Another pause)

“Thing is, I work until 6:00 tonight. I could drive over to Council Bluffs and pick one up, but I was wondering - are you anywhere near Leach Camper Sales?”

“Well, yeah! It’s just down the street from here.”
(That’s where that old Airstream was that I told you all about.)

“Well, I was thinking - they have one of those covers on their shelf, see? And if you could swing by there and pick it up, I could call down there and order it and pay for it, and you could bring it on out with you when you come to pick up the RV, and I could just put it on then. Just takes four screws, that’s all.”

By now, I’m thinking - if Casey has to drive to Council Bluffs, that’s at least 45 minutes from where he is, and if his schedule is already so busy he can’t meet until 7:30, I might as well give up on getting the RV tonight at all. Duh. The choice is clear - pick up the part or pick up the RV tomorrow!

“Of course I can do that, Casey! No problem! What are their hours, anyway? I have to work until 5:00.”

“Let me look here . . . (pause) . . . It says they’re open until 6:00.”

“Great! I’ll just run over there after work!”

A few minutes later, the phone rings again.

“Lisa? Hi, it’s Casey again. Listen, I just ordered that part, but they close at 5:00 tonight. Is there any way you can get it during your lunch hour?”

“Sure thing, Casey. I’m sure glad you called back before lunchtime!”


_______________________________

So, I now have an air conditioner cover in the back of the Dogmobile. I’m thinking I’d better bring my cordless drill and screwdriver bits, too!

2 comments:

  1. Poopy darn. Oh, well, it's good to get some practice in on 'best laid plans' going a bit south. In case you have to deal with that on the trip. But how exciting--tomorrow is the day!! I am looking forward to following you as you travel along! Just...you know...drive safely, ok??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewell Lisa! Have a wonderful time! I will be thinking of you and will eagerly check your blog every evening!

    ReplyDelete